Medical Courses: Certified Caregiver
BLENDED CLASS: VIRTUAL LECTURES PLUS ON-CAMPUS SKILLS LABS
Caring for our aging population is both rewarding and in high demand! Do you enjoy working with people? Do you like doing work that has the potential to make a difference in someone’s life? Do you like making someone smile and doing little things to make a person’s day better? Learn the skills to ensure you are ready to begin your caregiving career right now! Caregiving jobs can be in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities, or private care.
• Care for the bed-bound
• Elder abuse & neglect prevention
• Measuring & recording vital signs
• Effective communication skills
• First Aid, CPR, & HIPAA training
• Fall prevention
• Proper nutrition for specific diets • Activities of daily living
• Care plans, documentation, medication management
• Aiding with wheelchairs, walkers, crutches & canes
Prepares Students for
A Medication Technician assists in coordinating the delivery of medication and health related items to residents within an assisted living community. This vital role in healthcare requires customer service skills, organizational skills, and this program covers that and more by combining our pharmacy technician class with our certified caregiver class. Weekday, Saturday, and evening options are available.